YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Monday, August 5, 2013

The dump truck

As you know, the meeting Monday evening is to pass (or not pass) the reso to buy the used dump truck we have been needing for some time for everything from snow plowing to road work. I have been looking over the offer and one thing just jumped out at me. Possibly most of you realize this but the cost of a license and title for a work truck is shocking. Our poor, broke state of Illinois is charging over $6,400 for license and title. The truck will almost never leave Candlewick so we are paying the state all that money for the privilege of using it on our own roads in our community. No way around paying it but this sort of thing just turns my stomach and it is another charge we normally do not see but pay for it indirectly through higher charges for any truck work we hire. 
Maybe a farmer will answer a question for me. When a farmer buys a piece of equipment to use only on his farm does he have to buy a license for it? If he does not why should we have to pay a license fee to use our trucks in Candlewick? You and I own Candlewick. I know I am kind of going off the deep end but this is getting ridiculous.
Ken