YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Friday, August 30, 2013

Speaking of Fran's catch...

Notice the flared gill plates on this one
Today I cleaned Fran's walleye and bullhead. Just this year I started using an electric fillet knife after hearing Jim Brefeld talk about how great they work. (He is right by the way) Continuing the story...
Anyone catching walleyes knows when they flare their gill plates those plates are like razor blades. I have been cut more than once by them so I am very careful how I hold walleyes. I was careful enough that I managed to cut myself with the electric fillet knife. Not a terrible cut but try to fillet fish while bleeding and having a paper towel wrapped around your left index finger. I finished the job and learned to be more careful. Yeah, I know, stupid move.
Ken