YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Monday, August 5, 2013

Hey, when I'm wrong I'm wrong!

This is the truck before the bed, lights, etc were added.
 Monday evening at the special board meeting I read the resolution aloud then made the motion to pass the reso for discussion purposes. My first question was about the $6,400 plus for the title and license. As you will recall, I was losing it over that issue here on the blog Monday. Well, it seems the reso to purchase was missing a comma, making it look to me like those two charges were all that was included in the $6,400. Upon looking closer that also includes tax (which still goes to the state) but at least now it makes more sense. Still not an excuse, I should have caught it anyway. Undoubtedly not my last mistake!
 The resolution passed so we are getting the truck. The old one was to the point it was a danger to drive with loose steering and a bed that leaked so badly it had to be constantly patched unsuccessfully. This truck was in the budget so not a surprise expense. And so it goes.
Ken