YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Thursday, August 29, 2013

An email from a concerned property owner

Printed with permission.  Ken


Ken,
Your recent post about trained dogs for drugs got me thinking.
There will be some questions coming up at lake management, public safety,and even the BOD meetings, concerning the 30 mph rule on the lake with regards to over size motors at no wake only.
My point of view.
The 30 mph rule is already difficult to enforce. Every year more boats are registered   BUT  the lake does not get any bigger.  Every boat owner I have asked, answers    NO   my boat does not have a speedometer.  A few have a GPS that will tell you the speed, mostly the fishing boats.
I knew when the unlimited hp at no wake was passed it would only be a matter of time for the 30 mph debate.   The door was left open!

Thanks for the email. Your feelings seem to be by far the majority of what I am hearing.  Ken