YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Monday, January 21, 2013

To me this is a big deal

Yesterday after posting my message here regarding the move to make the workout center part of the all-inclusive package (meaning no longer any charge) I also emailed it to several people who I am not sure read this site. I received many responses both from here and the email. All but one were in total agreement with my stand on this issue. This includes people currently using the center, some who do not, and one who planned to join soon. You would know the names of many of these people. They are active in your community and "get it." 
 I did a lot of soul searching on this issue, making sure this is not just a personality thing. It is not. When you folks voted me onto this board I said I would among other things work to hold down your dues. I have done so and if this measure passes we could no longer say we did everything feasible to hold down costs. It is that serious to me. I also looked at it in the perspective of what would I do if this was a corporation and I was president of the corp. Not a chance I would do this to the shareholders.
 You can see I feel very strongly about this issue. Our reputation as a board for the people is at stake in my opinion. Pray the correct decision is made. This isn't about me winning or losing the battle, this is about what is right.

Ken Dillenburg