YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Has your email contact list been hacked?


I have been receiving emails from friends that did not send the emails. The latest one says 'HEY”, then “this makes me think of you.” When you open the email there is a link. Don't click on it or you will be next to have your contacts stolen. I believe mine have been stolen also because I am getting notices of undeliverable mail I have not sent. All I can say is to be careful what you open and especially of links. When the first email came I clicked the link thinking it was from a friend. I believe the header was something like “unbelievable.” Most of this seems to be from YAHOO accounts. A few months ago this same thing happened and it was a real pain but no serious damage, at least to my personal computer. Here's hopin'.
Ken Dillenburg