YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A really good read

I am a skimmer as I think I have mentioned before. Most magazines to me are skim and dump but I ran across one Tuesday that had some interesting stories, one subject of which many of us may face some day.
Of all things the magazine I mention is the January issue of FORTUNE. I normally find this a real snoozer but I found an article where the writer had sat in on a heart operation using Intuitive Surgical's da Vinci robotic surgical system. The surgery turned into an emergency that I am sure was not expected or he would not have been allowed as an observer, especially at close range. It was an engrossing article, worth the price of the magazine, or just leaf through it at Barnes & Noble.
Further into the issue I found another article indicating brand name drugs are not actually identical in many instances to generics. I thought to this point the only difference is the filler in the med but that is not the case. Another good article.
Ken