YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Interesting subject to me

I watched an interview Friday with Sheryl Sandberg. She is the C.O.O. of Facebook and considered one of the most powerful women in America. Sheryl wrote a book named "Lean In', which is actually pointed more toward women but her philosophy is really thought provoking. She asks the question "WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WEREN'T AFRAID?"
Think about it for a minute. How many opportunities have we missed in our lives through simple fear? Personally I find I was much more of a risk taker in my younger years than now. I am more outspoken now but risk taking has a back seat. I would never take a flyer on buying or opening a new business now as I did before. Lack of testosterone or possibly just now realizing the consequences of a serious misstep? I will never know.
How many of us missed the opportunity for advancement because of fear of approaching someone who could actually make it happen? How many good ideas are left behind due to the fear of public speaking? (I have touched on this before.) During our dating years how many times have we passed on someone we really liked due to our perception of them being too popular or good looking to want to date us? (I lucked out and got the right one.) Interesting topic, isn't it. Food for thought. Step up to the plate.
Ken