YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Here's the skinny on the roads commission

  I would guess it was March when I spoke with our
G.M about this year's roads program. My thought at the time was to simply continue the project as an ongoing maintenance item since the groundwork was laid. A couple weeks later I rethought the issue and decided it would be better to have a standing commission to handle it. My first thought was right.

  Few people want to be involved in the roads commission and I understand that. I don't enjoy it either. It was very difficult to find P.O.s willing to participate and after the exit of one of the existing members it seems appropriate to go with my first inclination. With the consent of the board we will not have the commission going forward.
  Last year was a learning experience for many of us and I would give the project about a C grade, some good and some could have gone smoother. This year our maintenance manager has a year of experience under his belt and our maintenance supervisor has a lot of road experience. I am happy to say they have taken a lot of the load already.
  The board will still have involvement with one or more of us having input. Norm Pierce, who is really sharp in this area, is always willing to help and have input as well. We also have a project manager this year as an outside service, which we did not last year. Things should go well and Rabine is taking care of the questionable areas from last year as I reported here earlier.
Ken