YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Monday, June 17, 2013

I stopped to thank him

 I have noticed the guy wearing an orange shirt picking up litter from the road edges recently. I had no idea what was going on so I stopped today as I was driving by to thank him. His name is Don Tripicchio (I asked). He is retired now and takes morning walks. He was disturbed by the litter and decided to do something about it. He now takes a garbage bag with him on his walks and cleans as he goes.
 Don deserves thanks from all of us and is an great example of community spirit. I know others who have done the same. Rich Witt comes to mind as another who cleans roadsides and I know there are many more. 
 A public "THANK YOU", Don. You know the littering is a real sore point with me.
Ken