YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Thursday, June 27, 2013

A great lesson learned

Probably one of the best pieces of advice I have ever been given was in an indirect way. While Fran and I were dating almost fifty years ago I was at her parent's home. We were talking with her sister about something and her sister said "Do you know you don't look at people when you talk to them?"
I didn't respond but it hit me like a sledge hammer. I had not realized I had developed the habit of avoiding eye contact when speaking and did not realize it. She didn't know how important that comment was but to this day it has made a difference since that day.
Not looking people in the eye shows the possibility of deceit as well as lack of confidence, neither of which is a good thing whether in private life or the business world. She was probably responsible for many good things that have happened in my life.
I will have to thank her almost fifty years later. Possibly she will help others through this post.
Ken