YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Emails from Rich Witt... posted with permission as a "heads up"

Ken,
As I got my bicycle out this morning for my early ride I saw litter all along the 1600 block
of Candlewick Drive. I said to myself, since at that time of day there aren't many people that are up to talk about these concerns.
who would do this?.
As I rode by the litter I saw that it was not the normal litter. It was letters and bill statements from residents U.S. Mail boxes.
This was from my house all the way to the 1700 block of Candlewick Drive. Those residents who failed to get their mail in for what ever reason had the contents pulled out and thrown along the roadway and into the ditches.
 I rode directly to the East Gate guard post and reported this to the Public Safety officer on duty. The Public Safety officer said that they had been chasing a car with some jerks in it that were driving around the lake opening all U.S. Mail boxes and dragging the contents out. Public Safety had been picking up the mail and papers all night. I do not know what they were doing with it as I felt that they were on top of the problem.
 When I got back to the 1600 block of Candlewick Drive there was still a few letters and statements in the ditches. 90% of what I saw was removed from the road and ditches.
I am just wondering what can a resident do to ensure that they got all of their mail returned? I am not going to say what needs to be done to those jerks that can stoop so low to do this in our community.
I was told years ago that this is a Federal offense and that the U.S. Post Office has investigators that do the work on this.
I know that you can not and should not find these jerks as the lawyers would not take kindly to the treatment that they would receive.
 I am just venting as I am concerned for those residents who may have been waiting for a check or a get well card.

*********************************************************************************
Ken,
 
I just received a call from Candlewick Deputy Chief of Public Safety and he said that Public Safety personnel are picking up the mail and delivering it to the house that it is addressed.  Jim also said that he would be in contact with the U.S. Post Office Investigator on Monday and that they may have a person of interest.

Thanks to Rich Witt for letting us know about this. I would love to see the feds latch on to these low-lifes. It seems it is always something. I know there was also vandalism to the Witt Trail Friday night so the "jerks" as Rich calls them were out that evening also.  Ken