YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Which doth the general coffers fill

Here we go again! this morning (Tuesday) as I was passing the front gates here was the county again writing tickets for seat belt violators. They park on our property and use our gates as an easy spot to observe drivers and stop them. Now I know we should all wear seat belts but is it the duty of our police to protect us from ourselves or is this another example of the "nanny state?" 
Sheer chance kept me from getting a citation. It is not abnormal for me to not put the belt on when I am going to the office or returning. It is a few blocks and the speed limit is 25. I don't see a real danger in that situation. 
Please pass this along. I don't want to see our residents or guests having to pay a $100.00 ticket just to help out the cash strapped county. I called the sheriff a couple years ago about this same practice. No response. 
Ken