YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Sunday thought from Paul Folster




     AND THEN IT'S WINTER  
                                 


 You know time has a way of moving quickly and catching you unaware of  the  

 passing years. It seems just yesterday that I was young, just 
married  and embarking on my new life with my mate.  Yet in a way, 
it seems like eons  ago, and I wonder where all the years went.  I 
know that I lived them all.  I  have glimpses of how    it was back 
then and of all my hopes and dreams. 
    But, here it is... The winter of my life and it catches me by 
surprise...How  did I get here so fast?  Where did the years go and 
where did my youth go?  I  remember well seeing older people through 
the years and thinking that those  older people were    years away from 
me and that winter was so far off that I  could not fathom it or    
imagine fully what it would be like.
     But, here it is...my friends are retired and  getting gray...


they move slower  and I see an older person now.  

Some are in better and some worse shape than me...but, I see the 
great change...Not like the ones that I remember who were young 
and vibrant...but, like me, their age is beginning to show and    
we  are now those older folks that we used to see and never thought 
we'd be.   Each day now, I find that just getting a shower is a 
real target for the day!  And taking a nap is not a treat 
anymore... it's mandatory! Cause if I  don't on my own free will... 
I just fall asleep where I sit! 
      
     And so...now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared for 
all    the  aches    and pains and the loss of strength and ability to 
go and do things  that I wish I had done but never did!!  But, at 
least I know, that though the  winter has come, and I'm not sure how 
long it will last...this I know, that  when it's over on this    
earth...its over.  A new adventure will begin! 
      
     Yes, I have regrets.  There are things I wish I hadn't 
done...things I should have done, but indeed, there are many 
things I'm happy to have done. It's all in a lifetime. 
      
     So, if you're not in your winter yet...let me remind you, that it 
will be here faster than you think.  So, what ever you would 
like to accomplish in your life please do it quickly!  Don't put 
things off too long!!  Life goes by quickly.  So, do what you 
can today, as you can never be sure whether this is  your winter or 
not!   You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of  your 
life...so, live  for today and say all the things that you want 
your  loved ones to remember...and hope that they appreciate and 
love you for all the things that you have done for them in all the 
years past!! 
      
     "Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift    
to those  who come after. Make it a fantastic one.



         LIVE IT WELL!  ENJOY TODAY! DO
SOMETHING FUN!  BE HAPPY !  HAVE A GREAT DAY



Remember "It is health that is real 
wealth and not pieces of gold and silver "   



                         LIVE HAPPY !  LASTLY, CONSIDER THE    
FOLLOWING:  TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST    
YOU'LL EVER BE  SO - ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS. 

Please excuse the odd color patterns. It is not the way Paul sent it, it just wouldn't post correctly.   Ken