YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Thursday, May 16, 2013

The skinny on the herbacide treatment

You noticed Wednesday there was an e-blast as well as a posting here about the treatment for lake weeds today (Thursday). One noticeable absence in the notice was the warning about consuming fish after the treatment. I checked on this and according to the label only watering of lawns and flowers with treated lake water was mentioned. Our lake biologist also is good about warning us of any possible danger with these necessary treatments. If I am informed otherwise I will post it here and I am sure there will be another e-blast at that time.
That being said, I intend to keep no fish for three days out of an abundance of caution. If it will kill my lawn I really don't want to eat fish that are ingesting it. That is just me.  Ken