YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Friday, May 3, 2013

Disgusting

I know I am beating this issue to death but it is such a sore point with me. I put it right up there with graffiti when it comes to property values and general quality perception of a community. To me people who throw trash out of their cars or as they walk are in the same class as what they discard.... trash. 
I may have mentioned this before. A couple weeks ago I picked up three trash items from the ditch area of the vacant lot next to me. Three hours later there was a plastic bottle again. This is nuts!
Littering has become a topic of discussion among board members and I have found no disagreement on the issue. Clamp down and ticket these people. Will it be tough to enforce? You're darn right it will but sooner or later one of our Public Safety folks will see it happen and then the ax will fall. If they litter Public Safety will be bitter. Count on it.
Ken