YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Friday, March 15, 2013

What we say really won't matter

 I know you are getting tired of me posting about the "sequester" but here we go again. Thursday I was reading Business Week and of course being the liberal magazine it is all the disastrous consequences of sequestration were being discussed. Although most of the points were ridiculous one stood out as another example of poor controls. 
 Mexican vegetable farmers were having longer waits when exporting their wares into the U.S. due to homeland security being forced to cut overtime the guards have been receiving. If we are paying overtime here is a thought, hire some part time guards and the overtime would never have been an expense in the first place. 
 I remember when I had my first store management job the owner telling me he had yet to see anyone who worked one and one half times as hard when on overtime. I have never forgotten that. It was an excellent point.
Ken