YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Be careful what you wish for. You might get it.

Some will say I got what I wished for in the last two board elections. Now see what happened? 
It is true, we have the people on the board I wanted to see elected. I didn't want them to win because I expected them to necessarily agree with me on all issues. I wanted  ...  and want ... a good board that is involved and not afraid to stand up for their positions. They do. I have disagreed on some issue with every member of this board. That is fine.
I want you to think about this. Our budget for next year was the most scrutinized, the most dissected, of any CWL budget probably ever. What that means is your board, and I mean every member, was involved in the discussion of and arguments over this budget. I didn't get what I wanted but we all aired our views and that shows a board that cares. It would be very easy to simply vote yes on the budget as presented. The easy way was not taken this year as all of you know and every member of your board knows the budget and the budgeting process better than before. That is a good thing and will aid in future budget development.
Ken