YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Odd, but what a nice gesture!

 I was in a store today picking up a pair of shoes for Fran. While in line I talked to the lady in front of me as we waited. When her turn to check out came she grabbed the shoes I had put on the conveyor and placed them with her purchases, saying "I am going to pay for your shoes!" The conversation went something like this....
"You are not paying for my shoes" (as I took them back)
"Yes I am" (as she once again took them)
"No you are not, and they aren't my shoes, they are my wife's!"
"Then I am paying for your wife's shoes"
"you are embarrassing me"
"Our minister said to do something nice for a stranger and I am paying for your wife's shoes"
At that point I gave up and she paid for Fran's shoes.
I said "I know what you're doing, I won't have a receipt and I will get stopped for shoplifting and you will look through the windows at me and laugh!!!"
With that she smiled, gave me the receipt, said "Happy Easter",and left the store. I will probably never see her again but I will say she made a good Christian impression.
Ken