YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Since I didn't run for the board

I think you should still see my responses to the questions when running for the Board of Directors. As you know the election was cancelled but I will still be on the board. This is what was to be published in our paper before I withdrew. (Answers were limited to 100 words or less.)  Ken

Fran and I have lived in Candlewick approximately 26 years and owned our lot prior to that time.

I have been a member of the Legal Committee, ECC, Chair of the Roads Commission, Finance Commission member, Chair of the Election Commission, and am currently Secretary of the Board of Directors. I have been a board member for just short of three years.

I will lay it right on the line. I am seeking re-election to the board not only to continue to work on the projects in process and upcoming but also in an attempt to prevent some who in my opinion do not have the best interests of the property owners from obtaining a seat to disrupt our forward progress on issues of importance. I want our association to continue it's path of financial strength as well as containing expenditures without harming our community's lifestyle, which is one to be admired. I will expect strong staff and management.

My contributions as a board member would be continued efforts in the area of finance by scrutinizing expenditures and investments. I will use a common sense approach to constantly arising community situations without over-reaction that could in the end be more harmful than a measured approach. I would like to remain on the ECC and continue my efforts to get the ECC out of people's lives by eliminating rules that are unnecessary while protecting other's property values by enforcing rules that keep us an attractive community. I will continue to keep people informed through my blog “The Candlewick View” http://cwlview.blogspot.com/

Our most pressing problems right now are 1.. Maintaining lake water quality, 2.. Speeding, 3.. Our substantial yearly financial losses at Savannah Oaks, 4.. Incorrect and poor perception of our community due to negative news reports in print and on television that are incomplete or just plain misleading, 5.. Residents as well as non-residents that do not maintain their Candlewick property.

My short term goals would be continued investigation of the AQUA situation and remediation as is deemed necessary, tightening the screws on property owners who's properties are frankly an embarrassment, getting the speed trailer on line that is in our budget and ticketing the heck out of speeders, keeping dues increases to the minimum necessary to maintain quality of life, and maintaining our existing amenities, facilities, and physical infrastructure.


Long range plans should include continuation of our ongoing road repairs and drainage work, continuing lake quality work through the grant process we are currently using as well as any other necessary actions to maintain the lake, enhance the appeal of our community through Communications Commission efforts promoting Candlewick Lake's many positive attributes, and solid financial planning to assure our positive future. We need to maintain and obtain as necessary good management and staff assuring a well operated association.