YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Thursday, January 9, 2014

I guess he has a point

Officer Tom in warmer times
Often I throw a couple hand fulls of shelled corn to Officer Tom Jr. as I drive by his post. Today as I came by he was busy chasing the Public Safety vehicle, which he obviously hates for some reason. I have been told he can't stand white vehicles and he was pecking the heck out of the tires.
Anyway, I digress. I threw out the corn and Public Safety stopped me, telling me it is dangerous to throw it on the street when it is icy. Cars come down the hill behind the dam and swerve to miss Officer Tom and could end up in the ditch. He said to throw it along side the road. 
If it is icy I will try to remember to do that in the future. I am just glad Officer Tom Jr. made it fine through the terrible weather recently. I would miss the old boy!
Ken