YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Friday, January 17, 2014

I didn't expect this


I posted here some time ago I would not run for the board seat against anyone who has shown they are active in committees or commissions and in general are working for the betterment of our community. I also stated I would run if one of those I feel are attempting to cause harm to our community were to run.
  I submitted my resume' with full intent to pull it if someone ran with whom I felt comfortable and I made that clear upon submission. It seems that didn't happen. In fact not one person chose to submit a resume' besides myself.
  What this means is as a complete surprise to me your board of directors will remain the same as it was last year.
  As I type this I do not know what this does to the election process. I can see no reason for a vote with one candidate and one open seat, so we have the opportunity to save two or three thousand dollars in printing and mailing costs if this is an unnecessary vote. I will let you know how this finally shakes out.
Shocked Ken
(By the way, I know the word resume' is not punctuated correctly but there is no key on my keyboard to do it correctly so no laughing emails)