YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

“You go at everything like you're killin' snakes!”



I remember so well Dad saying that to me. It was long ago, I probably was in my early teens and we were working on something together. I have no idea what it was but I was irritating the heck out of him. He was correct.
That is why in all honesty I make a lousy commission or board member. I really dislike all the discussion, negotiating, touchy-feely stuff that is involved. I just want to act. Some years ago on another board it was actually suggested we start committees of one to stop all this stuff. Probably not practical or maybe even legal but it sure appealed to me. One person alone has to do a lot more work but I will tell you, things would move more quickly. Some of you may have noticed the horse designed by committee. Hilarious! I'll see if I can find the picture to post with this article.
Anyway, just venting a little I guess but you get the point. Have a good day, Ken