YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Disturbing, but this can't be the norm

Last Saturday as I was leaving a store in Rockford there was a man approaching the doors who was obviously disabled and was using two canes in order to walk. To his credit he wasn't letting his disability stop him from doing what he enjoys. 
In front of me was a young man probably twenty or so. As he exited the door the man with two canes was approaching he let it slam, stopping the older man from entering without a lot of difficulty. I was right behind and quickly held the door for the man then went to the next set of entry doors and held those for the man also.
He thanked me profusely but I actually had done nothing any other person with a conscience wouldn't have done. I am still stunned by the lack of common courtesy shown by the younger man. I don't want to believe..........and I do not believe this will be the coming generation. Some will be the "I am all that matters" type but I pray there will still be a sense of duty in the majority.
Ken