YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

And another budget meeting

Thursday evening your board will be meeting once again to hammer away at the budget. I know I have lingering areas of concern. The budget is not finalized until the board takes the ratification vote. It is turning into a battle between those wanting the all inclusive "country club" model where all pay so everyone can use amenities with no charge and the user fee structure where those using the amenities pay for what they choose to use. In my mind the idea of all P.O.s paying so a smaller group doesn't have to pay fees smacks of exactly what is happening at the state and local level of government and it is breaking us. I don't like it one bit. I will happily pay a fee for what I choose to use and help hold dues in check for those choosing not to partake.
I'll tell you folks, we are not a country club. We are an association of home owners some of whom are struggling to keep their heads above water. To ask them to pay so others can use amenities they don't even have time to use is just wrong in my mind.
Ken