YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Friday, February 15, 2013

Over two and one half hours and some change

Thursday evening the board once again met in an at times not too cordial exchange of thoughts on the next fiscal year's budget. There is still the chasm between those believing in the country club scenario where everyone's dues pay for some of the amenities and those who feel those choosing to use specific amenities should pay a fee to at least cover some of the cost.
I continue to feel this is the same path our state and federal governments have taken where all pay for the few and it is bankrupting them. We will not go broke here because your dues will increase as new "free" things are added. They are of course not actually free, your neighbors are paying for you to use them. This country club plan is of course not for all amenities, you will pay fees for some so explain that to me. As I stated in a prior post, we are not a country club, we are a middle class working community with many just trying hard to support their families and keep their homes. 
One change is if the budget passes there will now once again be lifeguards at the pool so it won't turn into possible pandemonium. More cuts are made elsewhere so the pool will still be no charge baby sitting for some.
One thing good came out of the meeting. After some budget changes in a prior meeting I agreed to vote for that budget but I am now free of that agreement since this is a revised budget. I was regretting my agreement but I gave my word and I couldn't go back on it.
With some other changes this time the dues should stay close to the $32 increase even after the lifeguards are reinstated. I have never been more unhappy with a budget and the direction we are heading in this respect as a community.
Some will disagree with me and obviously do but that is my stand. I will not apologize for doing what I feel is right for all of you.
Ken