YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

This year's dues increase

 The proposed budget was published in the current Candlewick Paper. The budget is not final until the board  formally adopts it with an affirmative vote. This is the budget sent to the board by the finance commission with their recommendation to approve.
  Looking at the budget it is not really obvious unless you normally work with budgets but it has a proposed dues increase of $32 for the coming year. You will undoubtedly hear it is only about $2.70 per month per P.O. but let's be real about this. No matter how it is presented it is $32 per year. It doesn't matter how you pay it. This to me is what I call "credit card thinking." People get in trouble when they think they can afford X amount per month. We have to be realistic. It is $32 and that is that. 
  I plan to vote for this because I agreed to after some changes were made in the budget. There is one specific area I very much dislike but I will have to live with it. Something is better than nothing.
Ken