YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday rumifications


 My time has been at a premium lately with all the things currently going on in my life. Some of the problems you know and some I have not mentioned. Saturday I decided to take the time to do some reading and research at Barnes & Noble, something I used to enjoy several times each week. It had been an especially bad morning and my mind was engaged in a lot of problems.
  I was reading Barrons and found something I wanted to make note of so I pulled out a notepad I brought along for just such a purpose. I opened to the first sheet and felt my throat tighten.
 We have been in the process of cleaning out Mom's condo to get it on the market. During the process many things were discarded or donated. Some were saved for the family's use. One thing I had saved for myself was a small pocket size spiral notepad. That was the pad I brought along Saturday morning.
 When I opened the pad the first thing I saw were some calculations. I immediately recognized the writing as my Dad's. I have no idea what he had been calculating actually referred to but just seeing his writing after all these years was like a reminder he will always be there in spirit, no matter how hard life gets. It was a reminder of his truly kind and gentle spirit that always shone through as he put his family first. The message is I have to do the same, help Mom in any way necessary as he would have done were he here to accomplish that.
 I will, Dad. You were a good teacher. I do not have your even temperament but I will do my best. 
 When he was in his last days in the hospital gravely ill I made the promise to him I would take care of Mom. With God's help I will.
Ken