YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I would love to open this blog to comments... but


 I know I can't open this site to comments without screening or the Naysayers would have a field day. When I started the old Pride site I tried it at first and immediately profanity raised it's ugly head. Gun control is a hot topic and I know there are very diverse opinions but when Illinois is the last state in the nation to allow it and it has not proven to be a problem elsewhere I know where I stand. Those who use guns against people they know will be unarmed will be put on notice. The little old lady they wish to rob may have a .32 in her purse. To me this is a good thing. I am sure Illinois will put on severe restrictions but this movement can not be stopped. People have the right to defend themselves in kind. My opinion only.   Ken


The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals has invalidated Illinois’s ban on carrying loaded weapons in public and given the General Assembly 180 days to come up with a new law that meets the Second Amendment. 
Judge Richard Posner, a Reagan appointee and one of the University of Chicago Law School’s leading conservative intellectuals, rejected laws against carrying guns in public, declaring that "the constitutional right of armed self-defense is broader than the right to have a gun in one’s home."