YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Monday, May 18, 2015

One slow year fishing


Earlier in the spring we were doing all right off the dock but now the fishing has just stopped. Some of it is due to the filamentous algae that grows from the bottom making baitfishing very tough. That however doesn't explain my lack of luck when casting. Saturday evening I was casting a slow lure off the pier and I could see a school of six bass swimming. I casted right in front of them and not even an interest shown. I did the same with a couple other bass I saw with the same result. They look very healthy but they just are not interested. Do we now have so many baitfish in the lake it is becoming more difficult or have I just lost the knack? Something is wrong.