YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Friday, April 4, 2014

Pam's take on electronic gaming

If we think back before the dirt was moved around to create the place we call Sav. Oaks - we knew then it would never be an amenity for everyone and that it would not be a big money maker.
From the start - I voiced my thoughts about including a mini golf area for our youth and for families.
Get the kids and families enjoying the game of golf and it will get them coming back as adults.
I understand we are looking for ways to keep the clubhouse open more and bringing in more dollars - but I still feel that some how some way we need to do things that include a bigger age group.
We have seen over the years that our residents are not big supporters of our special events except for the fireworks in July.
I know we do father daughter dances - maybe we should have some family type events like that at the golf course.
And if weather looks somewhat good - have the Easter Bunny hide the eggs at Sav. Oaks.
Back to the question about the electronic gaming - I think I will say NO - I think we can do better for the whole of our residents - we just need to think harder and try other things -- try, try, and keep trying.
Sincerely, Pam Cangelosi