YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April's last Facebook post Monday. A good message

(She called us one last time Tuesday as she was checking in then turned in her cell phone for six months. It was heart wrenching for Fran and I but she will now get the treatment she needs.) Ken

Right now I'm sitting in a hotel room in Nashville looking out the window really taking the view and why I'm here in. I had the best day exploring downtown with my mom who has loved me and supported me through the darkest parts of this disease. As of tomorrow late morning my phone will be disconnected and I won't have any form of social media as a part of the recovery program I am starting tomorrow. Losing contact with you all is going to be hard and the support I've had the past couple days has again blown me away. You're all beautiful people and I am blessed. One thing I'm going to say is when you find yourself struggling don't keep it a secret. Take that darkness and give it light. I battled this for almost a year now and I had it hidden for so long so any one of you who is struggling share it. Get it out there no matter what it is. Falling deeper and deeper is avoidable. And if someone talks, listen to them. Make sure they know their infinite value. God has sustained me, I truly believe I'm still here by His mighty grace on my life so I'm going into this to try my hardest for him and for all of you! Love you all and after tomorrow afternoon, see ya in 6 months