YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Always controversial

From what I am hearing our community is really split on the idea of putting slot machines in the Savannah Oaks clubhouse. I may have written of my feelings on the issue before but I will again to let you know my mindset.
Will I use the machines if they are installed? No. That being said, we have to do all we can to generate revenue for the golf course. We are losing money hand over fist there. We already sell alcohol and cigarettes and I don't drink or smoke either but I realize those are legal just as the gambling machines are legal. In my opinion residents will gamble if they wish. The question is do we want the money to stay here in Candlewick or let it go to Poplar Grove or elsewhere? 
Should this come to a vote I will reluctantly be on board knowing some good people will think I am wrong in my action. I feel you have a right to know my thoughts on this issue as I try to do with most contentious items that come up from time to time.
Ken