YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Monday, January 26, 2015

The frustrations of the candidacy

Our "meet the candidates" forum is February eighth. We are each given two minutes for an opening statement before the questions then one minute after the questions for a closing. It has been four years since I have participated in this. I had forgotten how short a time is two minutes.
 I sat in my office and typed out what I wanted to cover. Then I said it aloud. Several minutes later I was finished. I started striking out sentences... then more sentences. It feels like I am down to something like "HI, I am Ken!"
 Time is of course a factor and with all the candidates ninety minutes will fly by quickly so I get it. We can not be allowed to ramble on. Forgive me if I speak as if I am on speed during my scant two minutes and the last minute closing. It is what it is.
Ken