YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Friday, February 7, 2014

Yes, it is frustrating.

 
I posted yesterday a message from Karl Steiskal indicating his resignation from the board. Karl has been very active in our community and I consider him a friend.
  Do I understand his frustration? Absolutely. When one is on a board of seven people if you can not get a consensus of at least four your ideas do not move ahead. There have been times I felt I was at the end myself. There are residents wanting actions taken but often just as many residents are airing the other side of the issue and they are just a adamant in their feelings. All a board member can do is push for what they feel is right for the property owners and hope to get a quorum. At times that simply does not happen.
  During my tenure on the board I have lost good friends due to disagreements on policy. Others have thought I was nuts with some of my votes. It can be very hard to roll with the punches.
  Karl, if you read this my friend, I wish you the best and I know you feel like a load has been lifted from your shoulders. Relax for a while and enjoy yourself with less pressure. Remember there will be another election in 2015. One never knows!
Ken