YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Monday, April 25, 2016

Interesting Saturday evening


Not Saturday, this was one of her earlier catches
This time of year Fran and I tend to fish from our dock until the weeds make it hard to bottom fish. Saturday about 7:30 in the evening we decided to give it a shot. We sat for about fifteen minutes and Fran had a good hit. She was bringing it in as I went for the net but it got off after she gained about thirty feet. I re-casted for her and went inside to get a jacket as it was cooling off. On my way back to the dock I see her with her pole bent, fighting another one. I netted the 25 inch northern for her then sat down. Within about five minutes there she was fighting another one. This fish was an 8 pound cat. Next she got a 9 pound cat, me still with nothing. Of course I broke the net getting her last one in.
 Now it was my turn. The school moved to my area. I ended up with an 8 pound cat and a 6 pounder. Yes, she beat me again. We were back in the house by nine after landing about forty pounds of fish. Not bad for an hour and a half. We released all of them. Cat that size taste as my grand daughter put it "like cleaning stuff." I agree.
Ken