YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

I have to start dressing better

 
Well, it happened again! I posted here a couple years ago when a lady in a store insisted on paying for the shoes I was buying. It was very nice of her but it felt really strange and I tried to refuse but she was determined.
  Monday about I drove to the Belvidere McDonalds to grab a quick dinner (or supper as I call it but Fran always corrects me.) When my time came to drive up to the pay window the employee said mine was already paid for by the car in front of me. Stunned, I asked WHY? She then handed a large paper out the window that said "Merry Christmas!!! To all a good night." The lady who paid for my food told her to give it to me. I barely saw the woman but she waved as she pulled out of the lot. I waved back but I am not sure she saw me.
  I have to be the poorest looking person around for this to keep happening. Everyone who sees me knows I am not malnourished and in need of food!
  It was very nice of the lady and I truly hope she has a wonderful Christmas. There are some kind people out there.
Ken