YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Monday, October 5, 2015

I wish it were true!

 I received my reassessment notice Saturday and I am not pleased they decided my home is now worth 8.9% more than last year. I then looked at my son's reassessment and was completely shocked to see they decided his appreciated in value by one third. There have been no additions, remodels, nothing to add that kind of value but there it was.
 Here is my question... I know the taxing bodies are allowed to raise their collections to avoid any decrease in revenues even if assessed valuations fall. Now as they raise assessed valuations do they simply reap the benefit with no reduction in rates? Will my son's tax bill go up by 33%? It appears so. If this is the case the county and all taxing bodies will be in for a windfall. Fair? Not in my mind. How do you think this will effect real estate sales in Boone county?
 Have more of you experienced the same? Let me know...
Ken