YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Friday, October 16, 2015

I guess I should be used to it by now


Our first budget meeting of the year was Thursday evening. It never fails to amaze me how differently some view what are necessities to them and not to others. It always seems to boil down to whether to funds wishes or needs. I am in the camp with funding needs.
 One good case in point is the pool. The board will be touring the pool and pool house Saturday to see just how badly it has deteriorated. Some members of the board make it sound like a disaster. I don't know. If it is we will need to do something just as we have been forced to do with the Outpost, which is really falling apart.
 Do we have the funds in reserves? Yes we do and a good part of the reason is because we have been funding necessities, not "wouldn't it be nice" items. My stand is always been fix what we must and do it to make it acceptable, not the Cadillac of buildings. I do not want to leave this board with diminished reserves. We are in good shape and I want it to stay that way for future boards.
 We will see how this shakes out but in my mind just because we have money in the bank doesn't mean it must be spent. The tug of war will continue........
Ken