YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Sunday, October 4, 2015

I posted this on Facebook but want to share this here as well. A good Sunday thought.

Kind of a long story so bear with me. Thursday evening about dark one of Darrell's daughters got a call from someone who had found Darrell's cell phone where he had left it in a rest room at Rock Cut Park. He had found the number in the phone, called, and said he would hide it in the rest room for Darrell. He then had second thoughts, called again, and said he was taking it to the park office. His daughter lives downstate so she called me to get the phone. I drove over and by then the office was of course closed. I pulled up and parked to see if anyone was there and a car door opened close to us. The guy asked if we were there for the phone. This young man had waited all that time to be sure we got it. Here is the topper. The very nice man of about eighteen had spiked hair, ear rings, and tattoos. Yes, I am one that judges by appearance but the honesty and kindness of this young gentleman forces me rethink my prejudices.