YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Summer lunches for kids

 Am I the only one that sees this as strange? I constantly see ads indicating kids can now get lunches all summer paid for the the State Board of Education. Is this not the same body that constantly cries they are not funded sufficiently? Many, many kids already get free lunches during the school year and it is now expanded to the full year.
I am not cold hearted but come on, is it the responsibility of the government to supply that? How about food pantries, the Snap program (food stamps), churches, or just simply providing for your own kids during the summer? Where does this end? When I was in school there were NO free lunches and I didn't see kids starving in the streets. I could have missed a few meals myself and probably been better off!
 O.K., let then angry emails start. 
Ken