YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

It's a slow Tuesday, bear with me

(not my motor)
 Sunday evening Fran and I were out in our boat. I always reach back with my right hand to steer and control the gas on the motor. It hit me that the steering arm and throttle are on the wrong side of the motor, meaning a person has to twist far back with the shoulder to grasp and control the motor. If I turn the other direction and control the boat with my left hand it is much easier but I don't have the grip and mobility I do with my right.
  My question is why, when the vast majority of people are right handed, would they put the control arm of the side of the motor furthest away from the right hand? Am I missing something? If this is such a good idea why don't rifle manufacturers put the bolt lever over on the left side of the gun so you have to operate it with the wrong hand?
  Earth shattering? Heck no! It is just another of those things that seem odd to me. As Andy Rooney used to say on 60 Minutes... "Ever wonder why?..."
Ken

Coming tomorrow... board meeting notes from Tuesday night.