YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday thoughts about Fran's Dad

Leigh on the farm with his three daughters
THUG..THUG...THUG..THUG. Those sounds were the backdrop at the funeral of a fine man. Outside the funeral home there was an old John Deere tractor running the entire time and the sound of that tractor, his tractor, seemed so appropriate. He was a good man that learned early on that life is all about family. I really didn't show him the appreciation I should have and I regret that. As his 97 years were coming to an end we visited more and more often but I could only stay about ten minutes because there were cats and I am very allergic so I would leave Fran there with him. The last time I was picking Fran up while he was still coherent we were about to leave and he looked at me and said "You take care of her."  He knew... and he was the family man to the end.
After the service the procession followed the tractor around a loop of the cemetery then stopped by his final resting place. The tractor went back to the trailer. THUG...THUG...THUG...THUG... Not a bad final sound for a farmer.
R.I.P Leigh (and I will take care of her)