YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Did they think I was littering?

Now here is a strange one. I have been carrying a bag of shelled corn in the car so if Officer Tom Jr. is out in his usual spot I can toss some corn to him. Yesterday there he was there so I stopped the car and threw out a little corn. He jumped as it must have scared him. Two other cars were close. I went on home, thinking I had done a good deed for our mascot.
About two hours later I left the garage and all over the end of my driveway was shelled corn. I don't know if it was a joke, someone thought I had been littering, or a home owner in the area I had tossed the corn was irritated. I have no idea how to take it.
The corn in my driveway was no big deal but I hope no-one thinks I was just throwing corn onto the road as litter or scaring the turkey. As the saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished.
Ken