YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Thursday, November 21, 2013

This was so discouraging

"I feel sorry for you living in Candlewick."
Mom's hairdresser had no idea how that comment cut into my heart. "I see it on the news all the time about the lake" she continued.
I explained to her how blown out of proportion the story was she had just watched and told her I have eaten fish all summer out of the lake and people were skiing and enjoying the lake. She then told me she knows the stories are all blown out of proportion. It was too late. People love to spread these stories.
The latest story showed a pump running but didn't mention the pump was running the affluent into the AQUA plant for treatment as a precaution to be sure none ended up getting out onto the road. AQUA assured us that was the only pump running and they had no problem controlling the system with the latest rains. They are informing Tracy of any pumping of any kind going forward.
The damage is done. People will believe what they wish to believe and spread it as well. Anyone thinking these stories are hurting AQUA are not in the real world. These stories are hurting your property values. Would you want to live in a community that has the reputation of a lake with sewer constantly being pumped into it? I wouldn't. AQUA isn't being hurt. Their rates are set by the ICC for the most part and these stories have no affect on rates.
Irritated? You're darn right I am. I love this community and I am very tired of these stories. They are doing us ZERO good. Your board and attorney are working on the problem and this is not helping the action.
Ken