YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Property Tax Clinic ... Great turn-out

O.K., I have to admit up front I thought this would be a loser. I could envision about ten people showing up since assessed valuations are falling. I was wrong.

I am told the attendance was 52, and that is more than come to most board meetings. Candlewick has once again set an attendance record for the tax clinics, the last being here in 2011 with an attendance of around 40. This was an open meeting so some came from outside our gates but this is still a lot. Real estate taxes are still obviously a hot button issue.

Kurt Newport (Boone County Treasurer) and Pat Elder (Clerk of the Boone County Board of Review) were surprised by the crowd and ran out of hand-outs.

(Thanks to Barb Appelhans for the pictures)  Ken