YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A little automotive story for you

 I have been going to the same shop for auto service for years. I am tempted to name it but these days I could see a suit coming. The shop just changed managers. The prior manager would tell me if there was something that really needed to be done and I would have them do it unless it was less expensive elsewhere, which sometimes was the case.
 Monday I went in for an oil change and mentioned to him I need a new EGR valve, which I know costs around $130.00 in a parts store and it is on top of the engine, easy to replace (but I am too lazy to replace it myself.)
 Here is what I was told I need to have done... Replace the EGR for $200.00, replace the PCV for $150.00, replace all four tires for $500 to $800 dollars, and put on all new struts and shocks for $800.00. O.K., my Michelins are fine, the alignment was just done a few months ago (he said I need that as well), the PCV valve is fine, and the steering is good with no sway. The Escape runs fine.
 I wasn't born yesterday. This overselling is just sad. I told him to do none of it.
Ken