YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Interesting!


Monday evening I decided to cast a few times off our pier. Looking to the south I saw one odd fish. At first I thought it was dead and had turned white as they often do. I watched it very gracefully swim towards me, it's tail fin gently swirling the water like a feathery fan. Near the front of the fish on top were a couple splotches of orange. As it came closer I decided I should take out my cell camera but frankly I am leery of trying to hold a cell phone on a pier while also holding a fishing rod so I missed my chance as it swam gently away. I could tell it had large scales and weighed in the neighborhood of five pounds by the length and girth. I decided it had to be a carp. This looked nothing like the Triploid Carp we stocked for weed control.
Once inside I got on the computer and Googled "white carp" and there it was. It looked just like the picture I posted. Never before have I spotted one of those.
Ken