YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Even worse than I thought

We all have heard of the data breaches at many companies where your credit card information is accessed. I was one of those who was affected by the Home Depot breach. My Pentagon credit card was to be replaced and the current one cancelled October 8th. Pentagon told me yesterday they have extended the date of cancellation to December 4th because there are not enough plastic blanks available to replace the cards. I am asked to continually monitor my account for purchases.This is becoming so prevalent the manufacturers can't keep up with demand. Will the day return when we will once again be a cash society? With personal information so easily pilfered one has to wonder. It sure doesn't promote confidence in security systems, does it....
Ken