YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Any thoughts on this subject?


I have brought this up before but I am not sure if I broached the subject on this site. It doesn't seem to get much traction and I wonder if I am the only one that likes the idea.
You will remember Rich Witt spent a huge amount of time as well as some personal money developing the trail through an area he loves so we all can enjoy the beauty. Subsequently we named it the Witt Trail, much to his surprise. He deserved it.
Other projects are often brought up and seem to stay on the back burner, being discussed but with little action. One that comes to mind right now is the dog park. In my opinion if someone wants to spend their time and money developing the park we should supply the location and agree to maintain the park after completion. There would still have to be a yearly fee from users for maintenance. The person who handles the physical and financial part of getting it set to go should have naming rights. It could be the “John Smith Park for Dogs” or whatever they desire. It could be named for a deceased loved one who loved animals. We have memorial benches so why not something like this.
It is like pulling teeth to get responses to this stuff but I would really like to know if I am way off base with this idea or if you agree. Disagreeing will not offend me, I just want opinions.

Ken